I learned about…
- Flex. Here’s a good tutorial: a guide to flexbox
- Notably: with flex-basis: 0, flex-grow will control the sizes of the children.
- Reading exif data from files. Here’s the tool I used: Exiftool
- How to create a Ruby Gem (it’s so easy!). Here’s the tutorial I followed: RubyGems guide
- Foraging Fiddleheads from Ostrich Ferns!
- Notably: ostrich ferns have grooves, brown chaff, and are smooth (not fuzzy). Pick them young (2-4” high, tightly curled fiddlehead). Boil or steam for 15 minutes and then sauté (never eat raw).
I worked on…
- A “Working with Beth” user manual! Here’s the google doc: Working with Beth: a User Manual ✨
- Displaying videos+images in the same gallery on this site. See: the writeup.
- Singing Wonderwall whilst playing the chords on guitar
- I managed the first 2 lines!
I was grateful for…
- Sunlight streaming through leaves at golden hour (sounds pretentious but the embarrassing pictures of me crying about it are…less pretentious).
- My family’s health